Urgently Hiring Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship – Canadian employers are more than ready to offer truck driving jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship. Yeah, this is based on the analysis provided by the Canadian Trucking Alliance.
The report states that the Canadian trucking industry is facing an estimated shortage of 48,000 truckers by 2024.
The shortage may be a disadvantage for many Canadian employers and companies, hence there is a dire need to employ foreigners who would take up truckers’ positions.
Trucking firms, Industry associations like the Canadian Trucking Alliance, and Private recruiting companies are actively working to provide free visas to sponsor foreign truck drivers.
This is a huge opportunity for you aspiring to get a trucker job in Canada. Presently, there is over 20,000 truck driving vacancies available in Canada.
Truck driving job is one of the highest paying jobs in Canada!
Truck driving is a thriving job and most foreigners that are truckers in Canada earn mouthwatering amounts of over $21 to $25 per hour. Most experienced truckers earn between $50,000 per year. Also, because of the nature of the job, truckers enjoy freebies and benefits like other professional jobs in Canada.
Who is a Truck Driver?
A truck Driver is a professional who earns a living by driving trucks. They are tasked with the duties of safe transportation and delivery of all kinds of goods. Also, they are assigned to the general duty of inspecting and maintaining the vehicle for any mechanical faults.
Truck drivers are popularly referred to as Truckers in Canada. Truckers are also recognized as professionals who specialize in moving goods and products from one location to another. They are hired by companies to move items from one locality to another.
Visa Sponsorship Truck Driver Jobs in Canada | Requirements
It is vital to know the basic and functional requirements needed to become a truck driver in Canada. This will help you to know the eligibility criteria before applying for a truck driving visa sponsorship job.
- Good driving skills
- Truck driving certificates, Courses certificates, other credentials
- A high school leaving certificate is preferred but not compulsory
- The ability to read, understand and communicate in the English language is necessary
- A valid driver’s license preferably Class 1 or A
- Driving background and criminal verification check
- Have basic or functional knowledge of Trucking and its equipment
- Readiness to travel through Canada
Truck Drivers Jobs in Canada | Responsibilities
Truck Drivers have huge responsibilities and duties to perform in the trucking industry. The importance of their roles in the production and distribution sector cannot be overemphasized. Here are some of the responsibilities of Truck drivers in Canada.
- Transportation of raw materials to manufacturing land
- Distribution of finished products to retail centers
- Loading and off-loading the truck
- Inspect the truck for mechanical items, safety issues, and the overall preventive maintenance of the vehicle
- Planning routes and meeting with delivery schedules daily
- Follow all national and state truck driving safety rules and regulations
- Report any form of accident or vehicle issues while driving
- General maintenance of the truck
- Take a log of truck deliveries
Visa Sponsored Truck Driving Jobs in Canada | Roles
To carry out your duties effectively and efficiently as a truck driver, there are certain in-demand skills that you should have. Some of these skills include.
- Ability to drive and operate trucks for the transportation of raw materials, products, and supplies.
- Ability to plan schedules and trip routes
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Hardworking, competent, and reliable
- Ability to navigate through routes excellently
- Truckers must be Mechanically savvy
- Proficient organization skills
Truck Driving Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship – Added Benefits
Truck drivers in Canada enjoy luxurious benefits and perks. Because of the strenuous nature of the job, many Canadian employers and companies offer tons of benefits to truckers. Below are the benefits of working as a truck driver in Canada.
- Enjoy Visa Sponsorship with your visa, travel and accommodation cost covered
- Profitable salary
- Health Insurance and Vision coverage
- Flexible work schedules and hours
- Tons of Travel opportunities
- Employees benefit
What is the Average Salary of a Truck Driver in Canada?
The salary of a truck driver in Canada depends on the trucker’s experience, expertise, qualifications, and location. According to the Bureau of Labor, the average salary of truck drivers in Canada is approximately $70,307 per annum. However, some companies offer more attractive salaries, so it is advisable you do your research well while finding a job.
Trucking Companies in Canada that offers Visa Sponsorship
Below is a list of trucking companies in Canada that offer visa sponsorship to foreigners. This permits truck drivers to work in Canada with a valid driver’s license and smooth driving records.
- Swift Transportation Systems
- Western Star Trucks
- GATX Trucking
- ATS Trucking
- Independent Transport Services
- GLS Logistics Canada
- Port Coquitlam
- Enviro Plus
- El Cheapo Movers
What Visa Do I need to Work as a Truck Driver in Canada?
Temporary Foreign Worker Program
One way to get a Canada works visa permit as a foreign truck driver is through the Temporary Foreigner Worker Program. This program permits non-Canadian citizens to work in Canada in job positions that are in a massive shortage of labor.
The TFWP program allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to occupy in-demand positions
Tips for landing a Truck Driver Job in Canada with Free Visa Sponsorship
There are diverse ways to land a truck driver job in Canada with visa sponsorship, but one of the most proficient ways is to find a truck driving company that is looking to employ truck drivers and contact them.
Another recommended way to land your dream visa-sponsored truck driving job in Canada is to conduct extensive research online. Websites like indeed.com or Googlejobs.com have various job opportunities for truck drivers.
Where to Find Truck Driving Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
How to Apply for Truck Driving Jobs in Canada With Visa Sponsorship
Applying for a Truck driving job in Canada with visa sponsorship is easy when you satisfy the requirements, qualifications, and skills needed. First and foremost, you have to find a job offer from a Canada Company or Canadian employer. Check Here For Our Top Rated Truck Driving Jobs in Canada for Foreigners.
- Prepare a profounding cover letter and a great Curriculum vitae
- Do comprehensive research for job posting online and check out companies online offering truck driver jobs in Canada
- Check through the requirements, description, and eligibility criteria for the job.
- Start your job application process once you’re convinced you to meet the requirements
If you satisfy the job qualification and description, your application will get approved, and your Canadian employer will contact you via the contact details you added to your application form.
You will be invited for an interview, once you pass the interview you can start your visa application process.
FAQs | Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Do Canada Employers Hire Foreign Truck Drivers?
Yes! There is a massive shortage of truck drivers in Canada. Hence Canadian employers are ready to hire foreign truck drivers.
How Long Does The Visa Application Process Take?
The truck driving jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship application takes about three months or more to be completed.
Can I Work As a Truck Driver in Canada without a Visa?
No, you cannot work in Canada as a truck driver without a work visa. Before moving to Canada, you must have a work visa to avoid legal consequences.
How do I Get a Truck Driver Visa Sponsorship Job in Canada?
The two recommended ways of getting a visa sponsorship job in Canada are:
- Search for online companies recruiting foreigners for truck driving positions.
- Visit job websites to find a suitable truck driving opening available in Canada.
Do I Need to Have a Job Offer From a Canada Employer to Apply For Visa Sponsorship?
Before applying for a visa sponsorship program, you need to have a job offer from a Canadian employer or company.